Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's the Thought- a double take on a Mojo sketch

Good morning! I'm glad you stopped by today. I enjoyed playing along with the Mojo 146 sketch yesterday and have not one but TWO cards to share with you, as well as the inside for each! This is actually the second of the two that I made but while I was making the first one I flipped over the long piece of DSP at the left to add some adhesive and I just loved the way the pattern fell only at the bottom so I HAD to use it just like that! That is what made me decide to do 2 of the same basic card but reverse the patterns of paper.



The flower vase stamp I used is brand new to me- the level one hostess set in the Summer Mini catalog called It's the Thought. It's got 7 adorable images and I couldn't wait to put some ink to it! I added color to the image with my fabulous new In Colors markers, Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz as well as a touch of Cherry Cobbler to the centers of the flowers.


The Designer Series Paper (DSP) I used here is also new called Greenhouse Gala. It has so many beautiful patterns in some luscious colors.


Both card bases I used are Sahara Sand and the sentiments (from Define Your Life) are stamped in Sahara Sand as well.


For the insides I used Versamark with Pick-a-Petal, a stamp set I haven't used in ages it seems! For the top card my sentiment fit on NOT the modern label punch, but the matching outline shape to it that comes with the Movers and Shapers set that works with the Big Shot. It took some doing since I had to use the Stamp-a-Majig- but it fits perfectly! That sentiment is from Vintage Vogue. The sentiment on my "Favorite" card is from Wonderful Favorites, another set I have neglected lately. I guess you can tell who I'll be sending this one to!

So glad you decided to stop by! Thanks for the sweet comments- they always make my day!

~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: It's the Thought, Pick-a-Petal, Define Your Life, Wonderful Favorites, Vintage Vogue
Colors: Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Accessories: 1 1/4" square punch, Scallop Trim border punch, distressing tool, black brads, markers

5 comments:

  1. Simply fabulous! Great work with this sketch! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your version of the sketch. I like how you made two. I'm right next to you on the Mojo Monday linky page. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. Love these colors together. Thanks for playing Mojo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. two beauties! love the colors, the dp, and the inside of the cards-pick a petal looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous use of Pick A Petal and Versamark. Love it...very clever! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)